It's So Surreal!

Assignment #13:

For this photo, I wanted to do something similar like Sarah DeRemer's photo with the cat. I took multiple pictures of my dog looking out a window. It was hard for me to photograph my dog, I would have to shout "Squirrel!' at her and she would immediately look out the window but only for a little bit of time. For the fish photo, I went PetCo, since I don't have fish at my house. I had a hard time photoshopping this picture at first. I decided to get rid of the background of the fish and just make it plain blue. I also chose a different photo of my dog and ended up making this photo. 

1. Real is something that exists on our Earth and is imaginable. Surreal is an idea that is made up in a dream and comes to life by a artist, giving the artwork a bizarre quality. "That's so surreal" means that the concept is unusual and strange. The person saying "That's so surreal" might not understand what is happening but is still fascinated by the idea. 

2.
The False Mirror by René Magritte

Sarah DeRemer
I found the two photos above really intriguing to me and caused me to come up with a surreal idea. I really love the idea of looking at something but the other side is something completely different. RenĂ© Magritte painted a picture of an eye that has the reflection of the clouds rather than a regular eyeball. I like this painting because it still has the pupil but the color of the eye is the clouds. Sarah DeRemer took a photo of a cat looking outside at a walrus rather than a backyard. These photos gave me the concept of looking at something that happens everyday but if you look deeper, there is something that isn't normal. 

Comments

  1. Very good solution. Almost too "real" as it looks like your dog is in a building with a giant aquarium...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment