Polar Opposites

Assignment #5:
For this assignment, I took a picture of me holding one of my grandmother's old cameras and then another photo with my modern day camera. These two photos gave me the idea of "polar opposites". My grandmother's camera and my camera show the difference between old and new. The picture with the older camera is in black and white to show that it is old and it also gives the picture a dramatic look.  The picture withe newer camera is in color to show modern day and make you feel like you are transported to modern times after looking at the older camera photo. Polar Opposites means to me that there is a difference between two photographs.  The differences that I have shown were the differences between black and white along with old times against modern day. This is the way that I picture a personal portrait was taken long ago before we had color and digital film available. I wanted the viewer to transport back in time and see the same photo in a different way. I think I executed this assignment pretty well. My original concept of "old and new" was just a simple picture of two different cameras. I took those photos but I thought it needed something else to it. I decided to add a person behind the camera, a.k.a me. I think adding someone in the back made the photos more interesting. There is almost a story behind each picture that each person who is looking at the photo can interpret in different ways. My grandmother was a professional photographer.  She took portrait pictures for a living.  I wanted to show what it was like many years ago using the black and white along with the old camera. I enjoy taking photos and learning about photography. I hope to be as creative as she was in her career. 

Comments

  1. Your written description is excellent and made me revisit the images - I actually looked for an "older version" person behind your grandmother's camera. Well executed as well. Will you send me a higher resolution of this as the completed project?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment