Street Photography

Assignment #5:

According to a photographer, Eric Kim, street photography documents everyday life and society. Rather than going to the city, I wanted to capture everyday life near me. I went to San Mateo and walked around with my camera. I have to admit that doing this was hard for me. I feel awkward carrying my camera around with me and taking photos of people. For the first thirty minutes of trying to accomplish this, I feel like I missed so many great photographs because I was nervous of people looking at me. After these thirty minutes, I started to get the hang of it and found areas where people could not see me (creepy I know). By doing this, I did not disrupt the people walking by and made the street photography more of a candid photo. My theme throughout my photos was people/items on the street doing their everyday life. I used both color and black and white.

In this photo, there was a green bike next to a yellow fire hydrant. I thought both of the colors were really bright and made a cool composition. 

I walked by a little stand with different vegetables. I thought all the different colors of the vegetables were cool and popped out plus there are pumpkins next to the stand. 

After finding the vegetable stand, there was a lady sitting on a bench with her dog. The lady is on her phone while the dog is fully aware of everything. 

While walking down the street, there were tons of bikes everywhere. A guy rode by me and I quickly grabbed my camera to take a photo of him. 

I was in a frame store and saw a man outside on his phone. 

I was walking with my dad and a guy passed buy with a couple boxes of fruit. 

A little boy and his dad walked by. The little kid was in a car and I thought it was really cute. 

Comments

  1. I'm so impressed! I love the fact that these are both in color and black and white and ye, I TOTALLY get the nervousness...why do you think I have such a long lens? Not creepy but I'm shy and often feel so uncomfortable about having people reject me if I ask to take a photo (now you have something you can use against me!). Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment